LEICHTBAUZENTRUM BADEN-WÜRTTEMBERG - LBZ-BW E.V.
The Leichtbauzentrum Baden-Württemberg - LBZ-BW e.V. (Lightweight Center of Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany) is a cross-sector and industry driven network of numerous companies, universities, research institutes and associations in Baden-Wuerttemberg that operate in the field of system-efficient, hybrid lightweight solutions.
This registered society brings together all the expertise for developing demand-oriented product design and production technologies for producing innovative lightweight structures. Furthermore, it pools the interests of its members and is actively involved in organizing the political framework and funding programs to keep the value created with a competitive and internationally leading production technology for lightweight solutions inside the country also in the long run. The particular success of the network is based on the broad network of members and the interdisciplinary expertise respectively the cross-sector knowledge of methods.
Products + Services:
- Networking of members
- Initiation of joint projects in the field of lightweight construction
- Organization of lightweight events
- Supporting the search of project partners
The LBZ supports its members in recognizing and taking the chance of business potentials in the area of lightweight construction to generate revenue from it in the short to medium term and to strengthen the competitiveness in the long term.
The most important competencies are:
- the networking of its members to exchange experiences and to initiate collaborative projects, research activities and cross-sector co-operation
- informing the members about news from the lightweight community, the Lightweight Design Center, about sector-specific events and training seminars
- pointing out and opening up synergy potentials within and along the entire value-chain
- transferring research results to industrial products
- elaborating supporting programs involving politics and other players in the field of hybrid lightweight construction
- coordinating the cluster oriented research programs and biddings for attracting public funding
- representing the interests of the members when dealing with political, economic and public entities
- Innovation drivers